I realise that I did not include an update on Haro’s meeting with the presidential possibility. When he went to meet with him, this guy made it very clear that he is only interested in being the transitional President. (Interestingly, apparently he turned down the role of Prime Minister with the current illegal government.) He has lots of ideas about how the country can be fixed, and is keen to be put in place for ~18 months so that he can sort things out. However, he has no idea of how he will actually get appointed to the position, and doesn’t really have any kind of support base. It seems that he is a little too focused on the technical solution, and not really considering the adaptive one… He finished up by asking for Haro’s support, without being in any way specific as to what that might mean. I think that Haro could offer to be the transitional Mayor, while this guy is transitional President...
No comments:
Post a Comment